Because I'm a soon-to-be environmental engineer, I should tell you a bit about environment that I've learned. Yeay, this is my first posting about environmental :)
TYPE OF WASTE
Organic Waste
'Sasa' vegetables. meat, fish, rice, leaves, twigs, grass clippings
Non-Organic Waste
Plastic, paper, paperboard, cardboard, metal cans glass
B3 Waste (hazardous and toxic)
used batteries, cleaning chemicals, pesticides, aerosol bottles, medicine
Other Waste
Styrofoam, fabric, rubber, diapers / pads, cables, etc.
I think, one of the dangerous promblems is B3 Waste.
B3 Waste is waste that contains hazardous materials and toxic. B3 Waste is often found in such households are batteries, pesticides (insecticide), aerosol bottles, cleaning fluid (carbolic acid), and neon lights. If discharged into the environment or burned, the waste can contaminate soil and endanger health. B3 waste processing is done specifically in special locations that require strict oversight from the government. The Indonesian government has set a special location in Cileungsi, West Java as B3 waste treatment plant.

No comments:
Post a Comment